In celebration of National Preservation Month, Baker University & Douglas County Heritage Conservation Council Present: A guided walking tour of Baker University.
This guided tour includes:
* Exploration of Baker’s beautiful springtime campus
* A visit to the Old Castle Museum, housed in the first college building in Kansas
* Stops at the buildings on campus listed on the National Register of Historic
* A look inside Osborne Chapel, a church originally built in Sproxton, England
and dedicated on Baker’s campus by Margaret Thatcher
* Information about Baker’s rich past and role in state and local history
The tour will begin at 10 am at the Old Castle Museum, 511 5th St., Baldwin City, KS.
Donations are appreciated and will benefit the Old Castle Museum. All ages welcome.